Executive & Team Coaching
Cold Mountain Solutions provides both individual and executive coaching as well as group coaching, both experiences are tailored with customized plans and outcomes to create deep and fundamental change.
High performing leadership is essential for a flourishing organization. Coaching can help leaders refocus and refresh and can also be a catalyst in personal and professional growth and development. Coaching builds strength, resilience, uncovers blind spots and help the leader or team transition to take the organization to new heights. Coaching is a relationship building tool that can help an individual or team:
- Establish then act on goals
- Gain insights and perspectives
- Unlock true potential
- Address derailing behaviors
Coaching not only impacts the bottom line of your organization, but creates a climate where employees feel empowered. This creates engagement, increases productivity, and generates employee longevity. The Institute of Coaching cites that over 70% of individuals who receive coaching benefited from improved work performance, relationships, and more effective communication skills. Individual coaching supports a deeper level of self- awareness, self-confidence, and self-leadership- all which are essential to lead at a higher level.
Group coaching positively impacts the trust within a team and enables them to dialogue and overcome challenges, understand, and accept different work and leadership styles, and manage conflict and ultimately, create a shared values approach to working and achieving as a team.
To build a thriving culture, it is critical to assess your organization and plan for corrections, growth, or adjust to reach your goals. Cold Mountain Solutions are experts in providing strategy and support to the most important assess in your company: YOUR PEOPLE!
Given that people are the heart and soul of your business, we can help you advance your capabilities in understanding and motivating your team as well as make needed adjustments to ensure you are hiring, mentoring, coaching, and training your people to achieve their highest potential.
The PDP Management Tool, better known as PDP is a scientific and well proven diagnostic tool used to help organizations better understand their people. The approach allows companies and teams to reach peak performance, create healthy moral, establish clear and open communication, address retention, and reduce overall costs that associated with retention and management.
How does PDP work?
- Used in the hiring process, PDP establishes clear processes for ensuring you are hiring by strengths and natural abilities regarding the identified behaviors needed for success in any role. This can be used by position but better when adopted as a part of the hiring culture and used to on-board all new team members.
- Used in Team Management, PDP allows the managers and team members see how others are wired and what their natural “self” looks like, what others see in them as well as identify areas of stress. The PDP allows each team member to be more self-aware regarding how they are perceived and gives guidance and support to the supervisor as they mentor and coach.
- Use in the Team Building Process, PDP allow the leader to see how the team is structured, to identify gaps or challenges in the team and determine how best to create a cohesive, collaborative team to achieve results.
From this process, identified strategies will emerge where alignment, coaching, strategic goal setting, and action plans must be created to establish a clear pathway both personal and organizational success.
For many organizations, recruiting and hiring the desired talent and leader is a daunting task. There are numerous steps to the process to ensure the search is through and effective in securing top talent. The steps noted below are utilized by Cold Mountain Solutions to provide clarity around what makes the most effective, efficient, and impactful search process:
Assist in the development of a Search Committee:
When it has been determined that a key position must be hired, it is critical to form a search committee. This committee will be made up of key leadership and its size and participants will be determined by the urgency, size of the organization, or physical capacity of board members.
Assist in the appointment of a Committee Chair:
It will be important to secure a chair who will be responsible for the committee and all its activities. Providing a clear and specific set of expectations for this role will assist in a smooth process
Establish the Search Process:
- Host Informational Launch Sessions – These will be used to scope the role and create or refine the job description, Job Model, Organizational Overview, and stakeholder requirements. These sessions could include board meetings, team meetings, interviews with key leadership, etc. It will be important to gather details on history, culture, style, and expectations.
- Develop an Applicant Pool – Strategically post the position to job boards, as well as utilize the search committee to brainstorm lists of potential candidates and sources.
- Screen Applicants– As potential candidates’ surface, all resumes will be reviewed and screened to identify the “must have” criterial. These candidates will be presented to the search or committee chair and next steps will be determined
- Interview Process to Qualify Candidates – All prospective candidates who pass a resume examination will be screened with an introductory interview. Based on the needs and desires of the organization, each candidate will pass a series of interviews conducted by phone and video as well as in-person. This process varies and can include panel interviews, presentations, personal visits, lunches and invites to time spent together to determine competency, character, and chemistry with the team.
- PDP, Reference & Background Checks – It is recommended to conduct the PDP assessment and conduct specific references and background checks as the top candidates are selected. This will identify any additional questions or red flags and allow the search committee to address any clarifying questions.
- Developing and Extending the Offer – When a final candidate is selected, the search consultant will work closely with the search committee to create and position the offer and to negotiate a package that is agreeable and creates a win-win for both parties.
- Close the Search – The search ends when the candidate accepts the offer and agrees to join the company. At this stage, the consultant closes the search and wraps up any loose ends. The consultant may check in, with the candidate to ensure a smooth transition.